Right to PetitionStop Fighting For Change, Start Achieving It!
With over a decade of congressional insider’s insight, Right to Petition provides expert tips and successful strategies to get your voice heard by the right people at the right time, and tells you what mistakes to avoid as you learn how to make a difference.
Coming April 2019
Right to Petition: A Practical Guide to Creating Change in Government with Political Advocacy Tools & Tips
The power is in your hands.
The 1st Amendment guarantees, among other things, the right to petition your government for change. In this great democracy of ours, the power should be in the hands of the people. Unfortunately, too many of us don’t know how to navigate the process to communicate and create connections our members of Congress. And even more of us feel frustrated by the political process in general.
But now there’s a solution.
In Right to Petition, I break down exactly what you need to do to achieve the results you want. With my background as an attorney and a longtime Congressional staffer, I will walk you through the entire process. You’ll discover how to frame your issue, how best to approach your representative, how to build relationships with them, and so much more.
This book is a how-to manual for political advocates, social activists, and voters who want to take action and change public policy no matter your experience level in your local community and Washington, DC.
Right to Petition is for you if you ever:
- Wanted to impact change in your community.
- Thought your voice or expertise was not being heard in Congress.
- Felt confused about how to ask your member of Congress for help.
- Were frustrated with Congress’s gridlock on the issues you care about.
Right to Petition provides concrete examples and explanations of “asks” you can make to Congress starting today! This book will help you to make tangible changes in your community, become a trusted influencer for public officials, and impact the world. This book is an invaluable resource that you can come back to time and time again.
Right to Petition is your roadmap to Congress. You’ll learn:
- 50+ Congressional “asks” to be used as tools to help make a significant change.
- Common mistakes to avoid.
- Tips for the best time to make your ask.
- Strategies for successfully getting to the right people to make sure your ask is heard and positively received.
- Real-life examples from the inside about what works, what doesn’t work, and why.
The current political climate has people from all sides looking for someone to properly represent them. With Right to Petition, you will clearly understand how to do so. We all have voices that need to be heard. And with this invaluable guide… you’ll be heard loud and clear.